Sunday, May 26, 2013

"Hello out there!!!!"

As we move through to period 4-6 it has been nice to hear about other Pharmasim stories.






Dave Griffin's blog pulled in outside stories and tied them into Marketing strategies used in Pharmasim. He although didn't talk specifically about his Pharmasim groups progress or decision choices it was still an enlighten experience with Dilbert and all. I suspect Dave wants to keep all of his Pharmasim secrets to himself. ha ha ha.  His blog is a nice easy, conversational read with plenty of humor.

Alexis blog- I love pink!!!!!! She like myself really enjoy round 1. Her Pharmasim experience with a team as seem explains is going well stating its nice to have input from others. Alexis has discovered that team play of Pharmasim has some differences than individual play. She describe her teams current strategy for the maneuvers through periods 1-3 as following the market update and adjusting to the needs on the report. I must agree without that report my team would have been lost.

Kenny's Blog talked about the good old struggle of push vs pull strategies. He makes references to the automotive world as they try to use push and pull strategies to maintain customers as well as gain new ones. I would have like to have heard about his experiences in the Pharmasim world and how he and his team planned on using either the push or pull strategy in their marketing plans. 




As time moves on I can not wait to hear about every one's experiences. I tried to give a fair account of our period 1-3 thoughts and decision. I must say that I didn't want to give out too much detail for the sake of the presentation at the end of the semester. I suspect that was what most other classmates thought as well.

Progress posting. I really like to see how the rest of the class is doing in Pharamsim. I like how the groups are labeled so that names are left out.


Looking out the Window!!!



Drucker's therpry on looking out the window will play a huge role in Pharmasim. As we have just completed out situational analysis I can appreciate Drucker's idea of keeping an eye on the market, competition and other external factors.
All to often companies get caught up in the internal aspect of their companies and Drucker stresses the importance of stopping and looking out the window.  As for making predictions in Pharmasim I don't think I'm that good of a marketer yet however, being able to see outside reports on the competition and gaining information from surveys provided my marketing group with the tools Drucker's says are imperative to a successful business and market share.


No comments:

Post a Comment